Lodestar - GyroCompatt 6
Manufacturer : 11 / Category : 31
The Lodestar GyroCompatt (LGC) integrates Sonardyne’s Wideband® acoustic positioning and Lodestar Attitude and Hearing Reference Technology (in one small, highly versatile and robust instrument). This provides high update rate wireless attitude, heading, heave, surge, sway, pressure, SV and acoustic positioning of any subsea object.
Compatible with USBL and LBL positioning systems, the Lodestar GyroCompatt product family provides real time motion data for structure deployment via the integrated high speed acoustic modem.
The internal high capacity rechargeable battery pack enables quick charge times and up to 20 hours of continuous operation with the ability to turn the gyro on and off to save battery life giving over two months of transponder life. The instrument is small and light enough to be ROV installed and a mechanical stab enables precision alignment to any structure.
Structure position and orientation can be accurately determined during lowering, set-down and as-built surveys. Using the Lodestar GyroCompatt 6 for metrology delivers the measurements required for pipe-end coupling.
The stab, gyro and transducer are pre-aligned and this speeds up spot measurements as only single observations are required.
Autonomous logging negates the need for a vessel and ROV to be on standby taking measurement during long term settlement observations.
Modular construction allows for upgrade and service access to the transponder module.
Product ManualKey Features
• Sonardyne Wideband® 2 acoustic positioning transponder and Lodestar AHRS unit in a single unit
• Rechargeable 28 hr internal battery pack; option for external power
• Acoustic, serial and manual ROV On/Off switch for Lodestar AHRS
• Sonardyne Wideband® and Kongsberg HPR 400 compatible
• Autonomous data logging mode (All sensor data and ranges)
• Faster command and configuration
• Simultaneous ranging and sensor data telemetry in one transmission
• Integrated sound speed & high accuracy pressure sensor with a port for additional auxiliary sensors
• Real time diagnostics on range measurements for quality control
• Optional calibrated stab pre-aligned to all instrument axes
• Compact size for ease of handling and ROV deployment/recovery
• INS data logged internally for post processing via 10/100 Ethernet
• High speed acoustic modem
• Data telegram output and 12 V available for ROV displays