Lodestar – Surface AHRS and AAINS
Manufacturer : 11 / Category : 31
Lodestar is a solid state Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Acoustically Aided Inertial Navigation System (AAINS).The unit comprises 3 high grade/high reliability, commercially available Ring Laser Gyros (RLGs) and 3 linear accelerometers. A Sonardyne developed gyrocompass algorithm runs in the background even when used as an AAINS.
A flexible AC or DC power input has been incorporated to facilitate surface vessel applications. With the battery back up capability supplied, the unit is able to continue running the AHRS and AAINS algorithm during vessel power brown-outs.
The Lodestar AHRS algorithm outputs precise heading, roll, pitch and heave estimation in dynamic conditions without the need for external aiding inputs or vessel manoeuvres.
Lodestar is the core component in Sonardyne SPRINT and DP-INS systems. It directly interfaces to aiding sensors such as USBL or LBL transceivers, a DVL, a GNSS receiver, a pressure sensor and a sound speed sensor (SSS).
Product ManualKey Features
• Single IP66 rated solution for motion sensor and gyrocompass and AAINS systems
• 0.04 to 0.1º secant latitude heading accuracy (gyrocompassing)
• 0.01º roll and pitch accuracy
• <5 minute settling time
• 5 cm / 5% heave accuracy
• Fast follow up speed of 500º / sec
• MTBF inertial sensors (RLG and Accelerometer) > 400,000 hours
• Subsea versions available rated to 1,000, 3,000 and 5,000 metres
• Flexible power input AC or DC
• Transport approved Li-Ion battery back up as standard
• 8 GB internal memory (expandable to 32 GB)
• Ethernet interface
• AAINS capability